09 February 2019

Court

A few days ago, I sat in the courtroom at the Edinburgh Sheriff Court, for the fifth time. The first four times are documented here.

This time around, things (at least in court) went the way they are supposed to go. We were in the presence of the judge for less than 5 minutes and, just like that, our second kid was adopted.

Getting to this stage was quite another story. With our older kid, our first court appearance was about 6 months after she moved in with us. In this case, it was nearly a year. I thought about going into why it took so long, but I’m not really sure, other than shoddy social work being done, at every step of the way.

I’m glad it’s done, and now our lives can move on, and I hope I never need to be in the Edinburgh Sheriff Court again.

No comments:

Post a Comment