05 April 2010

I am my mother's only son

My blog posts are a way for people to get to know the "real" me; not your teacher, your colleague, your teammate, your classmate, an acquaintance, or your friend's husband. I like to think my blog posts come from a personal space, that many readers didn't know about before.

That being said, I'm not ready to go there for this blog post; not yet at least.

My mother died on March 21.

I was hoping that this blog post would be a chance for me to write about what was going on with me, both physically and emotionally in the weeks leading up to her death, and the days since. Though I have started to write that blog, it will take me some time to complete. I very much enjoy writing blog posts, but that one still feels too raw; I am overcome emotion after writing just 1-2 sentences.

I hope that posting will come, because it is something I really want to share, but for now, I have a video.

This was me at my mother's funeral. The audio didn't come out very well and would appreciate any help/advice on improving the audio.

"My name is Jefferson Kodwo Robert Shirley. I am my mother's only son"

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Jefferson,
    Thank you for sharing this, it takes courage to allow yourself to be vulnerable and I'm glad you have friends and family that make you feel safe to be vulnerable. I know you are a great man. After seeing and hearing you at your mother's funeral, I know you made your mother so proud; you are a great son. You are in my thoughts.
    Warmly,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother would be proud. I'm happy that you shared nice memories of your mother with us.

    ReplyDelete